The Battle Begins


Last week I noticed peeking in my bay window, an Anna's Hummingbird. He hovered there as if to ask "where are your hummingbird feeders? Your roses are spent and I have little to drink!" So Sunday afternoon after church I put out two feeders. Having difficulty deciding where to place them, I put one under the eve of the house and the other hanging from my pear tree. Each morning I see him zipping about feasting at the feeder but this evening I noticed another. The two have each claimed their feeders and are now closely, no fiercely guarding their territory. You've heard the saying, 'the grass is greener on the other side of the fence'. I believe the hummingbirds believe the nectar is sweeter at the other feeder. They regularly sneak a sip at the other's feeder.... and the chase begins!
0 Responses